Loading...
Wednesday, May 02, 2007

post-exams thoughts

No I am not bothered to do post-exams thought on exams - that is just stupid hehe. Just some thoughts on some random events yesterday:

1) Labour Day Rallies

Thousands hit the streets yesterday, in many countries, to protest against low wages. There are probably some good reasons to protest when human rights are violated. No matter what though, I still find it kind of ironic. The government give the labourers a holiday to recognise their efforts in nation building; the labourers use the holiday to protest. It is as if the government is helping them to organise a day to hold such rallies.

USA Today - http://www.usatoday.com/ - Retrieved on 020507

"Hey labourers, how about we set 1st May as the day for you all to protest against us?"

2) I was sitting on the MRT on the way back to hall from Esplanade. A young lady in her late 20s was standing in front of me. She appears to have a slight bulge in the stomach. Should I give up the seat for her, assuming she is pregnent? It was quite a dilemma because it would be extremely embarassing for her (and perhaps myself) if she is not.

- Anonymous (1) 9:14 PM Permalink -


This site in its entirety is NOT copyright © 2006-2007.

You may copy whatever you like since most items in this webpage is easily available on the internet. However if you are copying my photos, please use it with respect for the persons in the photos and let me know either by tagging me or by email.

It is important to note that the above message is also copied from someone else.

Narration
  • ()
  • the squeaky (midget)


  • Inspiration

  • benny tan
  • fuqi
  • kianjoo
  • matthew chua
  • liren
  • wanjun
  • waihong

    Curiosity

  • my facebook profile
  • my friendster profile

    Chronicle

  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • April 2008

    Existence

  • unicorns exist
  • finish line
  • non-original research?
  • great turtle race
  • tinkering
  • the abc song
  • idiom demystified
  • love affair with the dough
  • nofx live in singapore
  • 3d animator vs animation